Thursday 15 October 2015

Gifted Gorgeousness SAL October Update

I always smile when people say where did this month go and here I am feeling the same. Looks like the last quarter of the year will be wrapped up soon.

Thank you all for your comments and advice on how to stitch on linen.

A pic of card and bookmark I gave to my boss as retirement gifts. These were well received and he was overwhelmed that I took time out to stitch for him.The bookmark is my first linen project.I can now relate to the praise I always heard about how the look of linen is better than aida or evenweave.


The card was a freebie kit with World of Cross Stitching mag, gifted to me by a friend. The bookmark is a Joan Elliott design from CrossStitcher mag issue 213, again a gift and the linen was a gift from Diya.

I have been working hard to finish my current WIP(will be a gift too) which I have not shown on this blog until now. I have really enjoyed stitching this one, however the confetti sometimes kills the mojo.


This is one of the freebie Fractal bookmarks which Cross Stitch Collectibles releases every month. Its 86% complete now and whatever gaps you see will be stitched mainly in black. I'm hoping once I finish the confetti, the filling will not take time.

Here are few progress pics.

Lets hope I can finish this by this month end.

Hop onto Jo's blog to see what gifts others stitchers have made.

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful stitching. That last bookmark looks way more difficult than stitching on linen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice gifts for your boss.
    Love the bookmark with all of the beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the bookmark!! And the card is so sweet! And your fractal, Wow!! It is pretty, the colors are gorgeous. Can't wait to see it all done. Is Cross Stitch Collectibles a magazine or where do you find the freebies?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Khristine for your sweet comment. Cross Stitch Collectibles is a design company with some big but gorgeous designs. I have now added link to their website.
    If you subscribe to their newsletter, you will get an email about the monthly freebie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking part in GG this month. I can see why your boss loved his card and bookmark. Joan's designs are great, I have several of her books.
    The fractal piece is awesome! So complicated, you must be counting all time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous gifts for your boss :o)
    That fractal piece looks amazing.... love looking at the progress pics to see how much it grows each time!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the card and great job on the linen! So happy you found a use for it :)

    And that fractal looks ginormous! Such an accomplishment :) How do you keep track of completed stitches? Tried it once on my HAED and failed miserably :)

    Trying a different method of commenting on your post. Let's hope it works this time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay the new method worked. Thank you for gifting me the linen..i wouldn't have dared otherwise.
      The fractal is a pdf file and I have converted it into excel. Trust me using excel for this project is the reason I kept sanity otherwise the confetti would have driven me crazy. With excel its so much easier to search a shade in multiple pages with a single search.

      Delete
  8. So good to read your blog again. It has been ages since i visited any blog. Just that many other things take priority in life.. Love progress of fractal bookmark.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog
    Love your finishes, beautiful colours
    Have a lovely evening
    Esmeralda

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful stitching.. :D love the design.. ;) so bright and colourful

    ReplyDelete

Hi, it's me!!

Hello Blog world, Its been two years since I posted on this blog, not sure if anyone follows me now.  Its a new year, best time to start /re...